JG Real Estate is a busy full-service brokerage located in Fishtown and serving all of Center City and surrounding neighborhoods, offering leasing, sales, and property management. JGRE was founded with the ideology that a successful business must offer a superior product and service. Our team works diligently to solve problems in a professional and courteous manner, which sometimes means working outside of typical business hours and going above and beyond to ensure success.
We are seeking a full-time property management coordinator who excels in customer service and is able to handle an extremely high call & e-mail volume while maintaining a positive & professional attitude. This position is the first point of contact for current tenants who have maintenance requests, and for clients (landlords) who have questions about maintenance/repairs. The property management coordinator is an integral part of a 6-person maintenance team (5 full-time property managers) who oversees the big picture of upcoming turnovers, inspections, and work orders, keeping everything organized and up to date.
- Answering the maintenance phone line and emails that come to the shared maintenance inbox
- Vendor contact including following up on requests, estimates and invoices and coordinating access to managed properties.
- Tracking unit turnovers, annual inspections, security deposit inspections
- Periodic field-work to put properties on lockbox, drop keys off to vendors, site visits to properties
- Weekly reporting to managers indicating the status of all open work orders, progress made, and planned resolutions
- Emergency after-hours call responsibility (rotating on-call schedule with the 5 property managers)
- Processing all invoices from third-party vendors through Appfolio, our property management software, ensuring accurate pricing and scope of work matches what was approved by the client and billed correctly.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can handle a high volume of e-mails and calls, has a courteous & professional demeanor over the phone and in person, and doesn’t get flustered by angry tenants
- Has excellent customer service skills
- is super detail oriented and takes a proactive approach to follow up in all aspects of job
- Solves problems and takes initiative as necessary
- Has the ability to work independently and within a team
- Communicates effectively both written and verbally
- Has basic knowledge of real estate industry and Philadelphia neighborhoods
- Has basic (advanced preferred) knowledge of maintenance/repairs, how systems work (HVAC, electric, construction). Any hands-on capabilities even better.
- Is organized, efficient, and works well under stress
- Has a college degree
- Advanced knowledge of computers and Google apps (google calendar, sheets, gmail)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $40,000/year salary
- Paid time off
- 401K with employer match
- Employer-sponsored Health/Dental insurance
JG Real Estate is growing and there’s room for advancement. JG typically pays for an employee to get their PA Real Estate license after a successful 6-month review. We have a track record of promoting from within and always aim to give employees additional responsibilities which correlate to their unique skill-sets. Take a moment to read up on our firm and make sure you think it’s a good fit prior to applying.